Foodily

Thanks for helping us improve Foodily by sharing your ideas for new features, bugs to fix, or anything else!

To use this forum:
1. Enter your idea or comment in the box below
2. Click to “share a new idea” or you can vote or comment on a similar idea

How can we make Foodily better for you?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. I liked recieving the emails, they just were too frequent! Perhaps if you sent them less often, it would be alright.

I liked receiving the emails, but they were a little too frequent. Maybe a monthly update would be better?
    Thanks!

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Emails and notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We’ve heard a lot of great suggestions surrounding our emails and will certainly be taking yours into consideration. Please don’t hesitate to provide us with additional feedback in the future.

Sami

• Convert metric to U.S. measurements and vice versa

Some recipes use grams instead of cups. It would be great to click on a button and have it automagically generate the user's preferred measurement system.

147 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        5 comments  ·  Feature Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 127 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Emails and notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello – Thank you for reaching out. If you’d like to unsubscribe from Foodily emails or adjust the amount you receive I’d be happy to help you do that.

Once logged in at Foodily – www.foodily.com – hover your mouse over the circular gear icon in the upper right corner and choose Settings. There you’ll find our notification settings at the bottom of the page. If you’d like to not receive any emails you’ll click all to say OFF. Don’t forget to click Save at the bottom of the page after you make changes. You may also click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of an email from us. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best wishes,
          Sami

• Create a shopping list that we can print from different menus

I would like to plan my weekly grocery shopping using foodily recipes as the ingredients.

77 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Feature Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            under review  ·  Chris EldredgeChris Eldredge responded

Hi Michael,

Thanks a bunch for this idea. We agree, a shopping list feature sounds like it would be very useful. We’ll definitely consider it! Do you have any other ideas for the site?

• I Wan an Android App ! Why is it always Iphone / Ipad ?????

That's it, just the same, but for Android. Nothing special to add here. I don't want my laptop in my Kitchen.

49 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • I cannot eat many of the recipes you email me.

Only forward recipes that meet the food criteria I set to my profile. I cannot eat the recipes you email me due to gluten intolerance, even though they look fabulous!!

27 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello – Thank you for reaching out! Those recipes that you see in our emails are pulled from the recipes faved by people you follow. In order to control what you see in these emails you’ll have to ‘unfollow’ those people who are faving recipes that aren’t gluten-free. You can do this by visiting their profiles or the Following tab on our Invite page. – http://www.foodily.com/my/friends/invite

Does that make sense?

Here’s someone who you’ll definitely want to follow: http://www.foodily.com/u/glutenfreegirl

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

• servings per recipe

I love the site, but you really need to list the number of servings each recipe makes. Most of the web sites you are getting the recipes from have this info. We could fairly easily figure out nutritional information based off of the ingredients and serving size.

25 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Make fave-ing and Saving Different

I want to have an option to save a recipe without making it a fave. When I fave something it tells my friends that I like the recipe, but really I want to save recipes to try and only fave them if they turn out well.

25 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Feature Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for the feedback! I certainly understand why you’d like to differentiate saved recipes from favorites. I’ve shared your feedback with the team and we’ll be taking it into consideration.

Happy cooking!
                    Sami

• stop sending so much spam. It's annoying

stop sending so much irrelevant spam. It's annoying

23 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Alec,

Thanks for reaching out. We appreciate every bit of feedback we receive from Foodily members. Are you able to please provide a bit more detail for us so we can more clearly pinpoint the problem? What exactly feels irrelevant to you?

And if you’d like to unsubscribe from Foodily emails I’d be happy to help you do that.

Once logged in at Foodily – www.foodily.com – hover your mouse over the circular gear icon in the upper right corner and choose Settings. There you’ll find our notification settings at the bottom of the page. If you’d like to not receive any emails you’ll click all to say OFF. Don’t forget to click Save at the bottom of the page after you make changes. You may also click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of an email from us. Please let me know if you have any questions.

• 21 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  Feature Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        under review  ·  Shannon RubadoShannon Rubado responded

Hi Tobin!

Thanks for the suggestion, video would be great, step by step instruction (with a pause button!), I know that would certainly help me! My recipes rarely resemble the final photo in a book or online. Perhaps I am missing a step or two?

Do you have a favorite recipe site that currently uses video? If so, please share it with us.

Any other suggestions now that you have had the day to play?

Thanks!

• 20 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Feature Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Tyler!

Thank you for your suggestion! We have received this one several times; so you better believe we are all over it!

Are you enjoying your search results on FOODILY?

Happy Friday!

• Ability to add links to sites not currently aggregated by foodily

I really like your site, my wife and I are always finding, trying and bookmarking recipes because of foodily. One thing that we really find difficult is that we find recipes all over the internet through blogs and some times they are not listed on your site. So we have to keep a separate bookmark in our browser to those recipes. It would be great to have all our recipes in one spot and foodily looks like the place.

A great feature for both your users and your website would be the ability to add a link to save a…

20 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a bunch for this idea. A feature allowing users to save recipes not currently indexed by Foodily sounds very useful. We’ll share your feedback with the team and keep this in mind.

Glad you’re enjoying Foodily, and please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any other feedback or suggestions.

-Chris

• Save preferences such as vegetarian, vegan, without dairy

Save preferences so they are automatically included in the search for example if you're vegetarian you can search "pasta" and only vegetarian options come up every time you search

17 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks a bunch for this idea. Saving preferences sounds like a very useful feature. We’ll keep this in mind! Other than “vegetarian,” “vegan,” and “without dairy,” are there other search criteria you’d be interested in filtering by?

Thanks again, and please let us know if you have any other suggestions!

• Translate Recipe details

Language translations will add more value to many people around the world. Maybe Google translate API or any proprietary language translations tools will add more value

16 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Feature Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Prem!

Thanks for the great suggestion! We agree language translation would add more value and hope to explore that in the future.

Do you have any other suggestions for FOODILY?

• unsubscribe

I want to unsubscribe

16 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  2 comments  ·  Emails and notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Guillermo,

Thank you for contacting us. If you’d like to unsubscribe from Foodily emails I’d be happy to help you do that. We realize people have different levels of interest in email communication, so we try to make controlling that very easy.

Best wishes,
                                  Sami

• Annotate recipes

Annotate recipes with user modifications, with the annotation showing up at the relevant point in the recipe, e.g. increasing the amount of spice, omitting ingredient, longer cooking time, etc.

16 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi tempfree,

Thanks a bunch for this idea. We agree — it’d be awesome to annotate recipes with additional instructions. We’ll keep this in mind for the future!

Do you have any other ideas about how we can improve Foodily?

Thanks again for your suggestion!

• 15 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • 14 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Emails and notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Corporate social responsibility

Partner with Feeding America. Your site would connect well with their cause and offer great exposure for both parties. Getting on board with a non-profit is extremely beneficial for rounding your brand and giving back to those in need.

14 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much for this idea.

We are strong believers in supporting causes related to food. We began supporting SU2C.org even before we launched. As a company, we are still in our infancy. But as we grow, we’re excited to develop relationships with great organizations like Feeding America.

Thanks again, and please let us know if you have any other suggestions for our site!

• Don't want to receive to many emails, it's full of foodily emails

I like foodily but don't want to receive anymore emails

13 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Nataly,

Thank you for contacting us. If you’d like to unsubscribe from Foodily emails I’d be happy to help you do that.

Best wishes,
                                            Sami

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base